5 Reasons to Reconsider a DIY Garage Door Installation in Calgary
Garage doors play an important role in your home; they provide convenience and ease at the push of a button, they provide safety from unwanted entrance into your home, they help your home brace against harsh elements, and they can provide a particular aesthetic to your home’s design. Common reasons for replacing your garage door entirely are cosmetic reasons and severe damage. However, if you notice your garage door feels unusually heavy, stops working entirely, or has damaged panels or rust, it is possible that it can be repaired rather than replaced.
Whatever your reason for seeking garage door installation of new garage doors or garage door repair, you may be tempted to make the repair yourself. While the job may appear simple, some jobs are better left to the professionals. Here are 5 reasons to reconsider doing it yourself and instead hire a professional garage door installation expert in Calgary:
- Efficiency – When your garage door is not functioning properly, part of your home is exposed. You want a garage door repair or new garage door installation done as quickly and efficiently as possible so that your home will be protected. If you do not regularly install or repair garage doors, there is a learning curve. Professionals can get it done right the first time.
- Safety – While garage door repair or replacement may seem like easy work, there are some safety concerns for a non-professional. Lifting large, heavy parts and using various tools always comes with somewhat of a risk, but garage doors that use standard torsion-spring mechanisms can be extremely dangerous due to the high tension.
- Codes and regulations – Different cities have different codes regarding every aspect of your home and garage doors are no exception. Failure to follow these rules and guidelines can result in fines, future repair bills, or dangerous safety concerns. Professional contractors are required to keep up with codes and regulations for the safety of your home and your family.
- Proper Insurance – A myriad of things can go wrong during home repairs and installing large, heavy garage doors and garage door panels can result in damages or injuries. Hiring a professional garage door installer or repairman with the proper insurance will give you peace of mind.
- Experience – When it comes to getting a job done correctly and safely, experience is what matters most. An experienced garage door professional not only knows the installation and repair process inside and out but also the environmental factors that may impact garage doors in your area.
If you are searching for a professional to provide garage door installation or repairs for your Calgary home to avoid the risks of doing it yourself, call Crowfoot & Cross Town Garage Door Service. With over 40 years of combined experience, we have the knowledge and experience necessary to provide worry- and hassle-free garage door service you can trust. We are fully insured and we also perform site checks to ensure we provide an accurate estimate. Give us a call today!